This medication is a sulfonamide diuretic agent, prescribed for high blood pressure and fluid retention. It increases the removal of salts from the blood.
Contraindicated in patients with Addison's disease, kidney failure, electrolyte deficiency and hypersensitivity.
Adult: PO- Edema- Initial: 40 mg/day in the morning, reduced to 20 mg/day if needed. Max: 80 mg/day.
HTN- 20 mg/day in the morning.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, as directed by your physician.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of diabetes, blood disorder, joint pain/stiffness, decreased level of minerals in blood, urinary problems, narrowing of blood vessels, who are taking other medications, elderly, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may lead to dehydration, drink adequate water or fluid.
• Take proper diet as directed by your physician.
• Monitor blood pressure, heart, liver and kidney functions regularly while taking this medication.
• Common:Gastrointestinal disturbances, dizziness, decreased potassium level in blood, high level of uric acid in the blood and increased urination.
• Rare: Allergic skin reactions such as rashes and hives.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature and in an airtight container.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!