This medication is an anticholinergic agent, prescribed for Parkinson’s disease. It works by blocking certain nerve impulses and relaxing certain muscles.
Contraindicated in patients with increased eye pressure, lung, heart disease; and hypersensitivity.
Adult- PO- Initial: The recommended dose is 1 mg/day in 3-4 divided doses, increased gradually up to 6-10 mg/day according to response.
It comes as a tablet and capsule to take by mouth, with food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of kidney or liver disease, myasthenia gravis, heart or blood pressure problems, urinary obstruction, enlarged prostate, stomach problems, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, drowsiness or blurred vision, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Do not become overheated in hot weather; otherwise heat stroke may occur.
• Most Common :
Dryness of the mouth, blurred vision, dizziness, nausea, vomiting and nervousness.
• Eye : Blindness may occur if it is used in patients with increased eye pressure.
• Miscellaneous : Memory loss, weight loss, restlessness and sleep alterations.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Drug hypersensitivity is an adverse reaction that occurs due to an interaction between a drug and ...
Stiff joints are a major problem for the elderly, as the joints tend to wear-and-tear with ...
Uterine/Endometrial cancer is the sixth most common cancer in women worldwide. Uterine cancer ...View All