This medication is an anti-estrogen agent, prescribed for breast cancer in postmenopausal women. It works by blocking the activity of estrogen.
Contraindicated in patients with irregular heartbeat, low blood potassium or magnesium levels, and hypersensitivity.
PO- The recommended dose is 60 mg once daily.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food once a day.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of blood clots, cancer, decreased blood platelets or white blood cells, heart, liver, or kidney problems, electrolyte problems, bone cancer, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness or changes in vision, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• It should not be used in children.
• Monitor complete blood cell counts, blood electrolytes level, electrocardiograms (ECGs), and liver function regularly while taking this medication.
• Most Common :
Hot flushes, sweating, nausea, vomiting, vaginal discharge, dizziness, fluid retention, and vaginal bleeding.
• Miscellaneous : Fatigue, inflammation of blood vessels, depression, lethargy, loss of appetite, stroke, joint inflammation, blood clot in lungs, and heart attack.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at controlled room temperature (25°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!