• Tildrakizumab-asmn injection was approved by FDA to treat adults with immunologically mediated inflammatory disorders such as moderate to severe plaque psoriasis.
Tildrakizumab-asmn is an interleukin-23 antagonist which is prescribed for treating adults suffering from moderate to severe plaque psoriasis who may benefit with systemic therapy or phototherapy.
Tildrakizumab-asmn is a monoclonal antibody which works by binding to interleukin-23 and blocking it from attaching to its receptor; it thus reduces the release of cytokines and chemokines which are responsible for causing inflammation.
Tildrakizumab-asmn should not be used in patients
• Allergic to tildrakizumab-asmn
• Pregnant and breastfeeding
• With any active infection (e.g., tuberculosis)
• With a low immune system
• Under 18 years of age
• The recommended adult dose is 100 mg to be given at week 0 and at week 4 followed by a dose every 12 weeks after that.
• Tildrakizumab-asmn is available as an injection or a pre-filled syringe which should be administered by a healthcare provider subcutaneously (just under the skin).
• Pre-filled syringes should be used only once and discarded after that.
• Patients should be evaluated for the presence of tuberculosis (TB) infection before starting treatment with tildrakizumab-asmn. If the patient is suspected of TB infection, the treatment should not be initiated.
• Patients should be advised to consult the physician if any signs or symptoms of acute or chronic infections are observed, as tildrakizumab-asmn can increase the severity of the infections. Discontinue tildrakizumab-asmn therapy until the infection resolves.
• Patients can develop neutralizing antibodies to tildrakizumab while taking tildrakizumab-asmn as a long-term therapy resulting in decreased serum concentration of tildrakizumab-asmn or treatment failure.
• Upper respiratory tract infections
• Pain, swelling, redness or bruising at the injection site
• Before administration, place the tildrakizumab-asmn injection out of the refrigerator for 30 minutes to come to room temperature.
• Check the injection for the presence of any particulate matter or discoloration; if so discard the medication and use a fresh one.
• The injection sites are thighs, abdomen, or upper arm. Never inject inside the 2-inch circumference around the navel.
• Do not inject onto scars, stretch mark areas, psoriasis affected sites, tender or bruised skin.
• The concentration of dextromethorphan was found to increase when administered together with tildrakizumab-asmn 200 mg and therefore should be avoided.
• Do not take live vaccines such as MMR, Herpes zoster, or yellow fever vaccine while on treatment with tildrakizumab-asmn as it results in severe infection.
• Tildrakizumab-asmn injection should be stored in the refrigerator at 2°C to 8°C.
• Should be kept in the original carton and protected from light.
• Do not shake or freeze.
• Tildrakizumab-asmn can be stored at room temperature (below 25°C) for a maximum of 30 days but should be discarded after 30 days if not used.
• Do not place tildrakizumab-asmn injection in the refrigerator if it has already been kept at room temperature.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!