This medication is an active immunization against measles, mumps and rubella. It activates the body to develop antibodies against the virus.
Contraindicated in patients with history of respiratory illness, who are receiving corticosteroids or other febrile infection, primary and acquired immunodeficiency states, blood disorder and cancer affecting bone marrow or lymphatic systems.
Adult: IM/SC- The dose is 0.5 ml.
It comes as a solution for injection, to be administered by a healthcare provider.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of cerebral injury or seizures, blood clot problem due to low platelet count, cancer, tuberculosis, pregnancy and lactation.
• Body as whole:
Fever, serious allergic reactions, sore throat and burning sensation at the injection site region.
• Respiratory : Cough, sore throat and lung inflammation.
• Central Nervous System : Dizziness, headache and fainting.
• Skin : Rash.
• Heart: Inflammation of blood vessels.
• Gastrointestinal: Inflammation of pancreas, diarrhea, vomiting and nausea.
• Metabolic: Increased sugar level.
• Ear : Deafness.
Tuberculosis treatment should be started prior to vaccine administration.
Powder: Store it in refrigerator 2-8°C; Do not freeze it.
Diluent: Store it in refrigerator or at room temperature; Do not freeze it.
Reconstituted solution: Store at 2-8°C; protect from light; discard if not used within 8 hr.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!