This medication is a fungicide and parasiticide, prescribed for roundworm infections. It may block egg and larva production and also an enzyme needed by the parasite.
Contraindicated in prophylactic treatment for pinworm infestation and hypersensitivity.
PO- The recommended maximum daily dose is 3 grams.
It comes as a suspension to take by mouth, twice daily after meals.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver or kidney problems, dehydration, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, drowsiness or lightheadedness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Do not use this medication to prevent worm infestations.
• Gastrointestinal: Loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach problem, abdominal pain, jaundice, reduced bile fluid and liver damage.
• Central Nervous System: Dizziness, weariness, drowsiness, giddiness, headache, numbness, hyperirritability, epilepsy, collapse, confusion, depression, floating sensation, weakness and lack of coordination.
• Eye and ENT: Ringing in the ear, abnormal sensation in eyes, visual defect, blurred vision, reduced vision and drying of mucous membranes (mouth, eyes, etc.).
• Heart: Low blood pressure.
• Metabolic: Increased sugar level.
• Blood: Decrease white blood cells.
• Genitourinary: Blood in urine, bedwetting and presence of crystal in urine.
• Hypersensitivity: Itching, fever, facial flush, chills, rashes (including perianal) and redness.
Monitor blood sugar regularly while taking this medication.
Store in a well-closed container at controlled room temperature (15-30°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!