This medication is a bronchodilator, prescribed for asthma, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, and other lung diseases. It works by relaxing the muscle around the airways in the lungs.
The recommended dose is 400 or 600 mg once a day in the morning or evening.
It comes as a tablet and capsule to take by mouth with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of seizures, ulcers, heart disease, overactive thyroid, high blood pressure, liver disease, alcoholism, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Avoid taking large amount of caffeinated beverages.
• It may affect blood sugar level; monitor sugar level regularly while taking this medication.
• Serious effects :
• Most Common : Nausea, vomiting, headache, and sleeplessness.
• Gastrointestinal : Abdominal pain, diarrhea and blood vomiting.
• Metabolic : Decrease in blood potassium level and increase in sugar.
• Heart : Fast heart rate and low blood pressure/shock.
• Central Nervous System : Nervousness, tremors, disorientation and seizures.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature and away from excess moisture.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!