This medication is an antibiotic, prescribed for serious skin infections. It works by stopping the growth of bacteria.
Contraindicated in patients with severe heart disease, pregnant women, and hypersensitivity.
Adult- IV- The recommended dose is 10 mg/kg administered over a 60-minute period infusion once a day for 7 to 14 days.
It comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of high blood pressure, kidney impairment, sugar, heart disease, diarrhea, bloody stools, stomach cramps, fever, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid long-term use of this medication; otherwise it may cause secondary infection.
• Body as a Whole :
Rigors and generalized itching.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal pain.
• Metabolic : Decreased appetite.
• Central Nervous System : Taste disturbances and dizziness.
• Genitourinary : Protein in the urine.
• Skin : Itching, rash.
• Miscellaneous : Injection site pain and redness.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it in refrigerator (2 to 8°C). Do not freeze it.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Fallot's tetralogy is a rare and complex birth defect of the heart. Babies born with this condition ...
Bubonic plague is an infectious disease caused by the bacteria Yersinia pestis present in rodents ...
Steroids are miracle drugs but have to be used with caution. Some steroids are illegal to use, ...View All