This medication is an antibiotic, prescribed for serious skin infections. It works by stopping the growth of bacteria.
Contraindicated in patients with severe heart disease, pregnant women, and hypersensitivity.
Adult- IV- The recommended dose is 10 mg/kg administered over a 60-minute period infusion once a day for 7 to 14 days.
It comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of high blood pressure, kidney impairment, sugar, heart disease, diarrhea, bloody stools, stomach cramps, fever, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid long-term use of this medication; otherwise it may cause secondary infection.
• Body as a Whole :
Rigors and generalized itching.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal pain.
• Metabolic : Decreased appetite.
• Central Nervous System : Taste disturbances and dizziness.
• Genitourinary : Protein in the urine.
• Skin : Itching, rash.
• Miscellaneous : Injection site pain and redness.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it in refrigerator (2 to 8°C). Do not freeze it.
Drug hypersensitivity is an adverse reaction that occurs due to an interaction between a drug and ...
Stiff joints are a major problem for the elderly, as the joints tend to wear-and-tear with ...
Uterine/Endometrial cancer is the sixth most common cancer in women worldwide. Uterine cancer ...View All