This medication is a vaccine, prescribed for the prevention of rotavirus gastroenteritis caused by G1 and non-G1 types in infants and children. It helps the immune system to protect against rotavirus.
Contraindicated in patients with uncorrected congenital malformation of the gastrointestinal tract.
The vaccination series consists of two 1-mL doses administered orally. The first dose should be administered to infants beginning at 6 weeks of age. There should be an interval of at least 4 weeks between the first and second dose. The 2-dose series should be completed by 24 weeks of age.
It comes as a solution to take by mouth.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of gastrointestinal disorders, poor immunity and any allergy.
• The healthcare provider should inform the parents or guardians about the possible adverse reactions.
• Most Common:
Fussiness, irritability, cough, runny nose, fever, vomiting and diarrhea.
• Serious: Death and intestinal blockage.
• Blood and Lymphatic: Decrease in platelets and bruising.
♦ • Gastrointestinal: Blood in the stools and intussusception.
• General: Maladministration.
Avoid excess dosage.
Vial- Store it in refrigerator (2° to 8°C).
Diluent- The diluent may be stored at a controlled room temperature 20° to 25°C. Do not freeze. Discard if the diluent has been frozen.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!