This medication is an orally administered antiviral drug, prescribed for illness caused by various strains of influenza A virus in adults. It may block reproduction of the virus.
Adult- PO- The recommended dose is 100 mg twice a day. Child- 5 mg/kg, once a day. Maximum: 150mg.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food. It is usually taken once or twice a day for 2-12 weeks.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver disease, seizures or blood disorders, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness or drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid vaccination while taking this medication.
• Gastrointestinal System : Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, dry mouth, abdominal pain, diarrhea and indigestion.
• Body as a Whole : Weakness.
• Central Nervous System: Sleeplessness, nervousness, impaired concentration, dizziness, depression, headache and fatigue.
• Skin: Rash and ringing in the ear.
• Respiratory: Difficulty in breathing.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature and in an airtight container. Keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!