This medication is an angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor, prescribed for high blood pressure and heart failure either alone or with other medications. It works by relaxing blood vessels.
Contraindicated in patients with angioedema, and known hypersensitivity.
Adult- PO- Hypertension: The recommended initial dose is 10 or 20 mg once daily. It may be adjusted if needed.
Congestive Heart Failure: Initial dose: 5 mg orally twice a day. Maintenance: 10-20 mg orally twice a day.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, on an empty stomach at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of sugar, heart disease, blood vessel problems, poor blood circulation, bone marrow depression, kidney or liver impairment, stroke, recent heart attack, kidney transplant, autoimmune disease, dehydration, changes in blood minerals, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• It may cause a serious side effect called angioedema (life-threatening allegic reactions) with swelling of the hands, face, lips, eyes, throat, or tongue; difficulty in swallowing or breathing; or hoarseness. If it is so consult with your doctor.
• Avoid exposure to sunlight; otherwise it may cause sunburn easily.
• Avoid contact with people who have infections.
• Monitor blood pressure, blood electrolyte levels, heart function, blood sugar, kidney or liver function regularly while taking this medication.
• Most Common :
Dizziness, coughing, fatigue, nausea , vomiting, chest pain, low blood pressure, difficulty in breathing, diarrhea, headache, muscle pain, rash and back pain.
• General : Uneasiness, viral infections and anaphylactoid reaction.
• Heart : Palpitations, dilatation of blood vessels, fast heart rate, heart failure, heart attack, stroke, chest pain, high blood pressure, low blood pressure and abnormal heart rhythm.
• Blood : Anemia.
• Gastrointestinal : Flatulence, dry mouth or throat, constipation, gastrointestinal bleeding, inflammation of pancreas, abnormal liver function, and indigestion.
• Central Nervous System : Drowsiness, fainting, nervousness, depression, sleeplessness, and tingling.
• Skin : Hair loss, increased sweating, itching, skin inflammation, sensitivity to light, and rash.
• Genitourinary : Urinary tract infection, impotence, and kidney failure.
• Respiratory : Eosinophila and lung infection.
• Miscellaneous : Abnormal vision, fluid retention, joint pain, liver inflammation, and decrease in platelets.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at controlled room temperature (15ï¿½ï¿½30ï¿½C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!