This medication is a tricyclic antidepressant, prescribed for depression.
Contraindicated in patients who are taking or have taken cisapride, monoamine oxidase inhibitor within 14 days; Contraindicated in patients who are in recover phase of heart attack and hypersensitivity.
Adult- PO- The recommended dose is 15 to 40 mg/day divided into 3 or 4 doses.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of overactive thyroid, increased eye pressure, heart disease, kidney or liver impairment, diabetes, seizures, blood disease porphyria, enlarged prostate, difficulty in urinating, suicidal thoughts, bipolar disorder, alcoholism, who are taking other medications, any allergy, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness, dizziness, or blurred vision, do not drive a car or operate machinery and get up slowly from bed while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Avoid becoming overheated in hot weather.
• Avoid exposure to sunlight.
Heart attack, stroke, heart block, abnormal heart rhythm, high blood pressure, low blood pressure, fast heart rate, and palpitations.
• Central Nervous System : Confusional states, hallucinations, disorientation, delusions, anxiety, restlessness, agitation, psychosis, sleeplessness, panic, abnormal dreams, seizures, incoordination, tremor, nerve disease, numbness, tingling, drowsiness, dizziness, weakness, fatigue, and headache.
• Allergic : Drug fever, skin rash, hives, itching, photosensitization, swelling (general, or of face and tongue).
• Blood : Bone marrow depression, decrease in white blood pressure, platelets, bruising, eosinophilia.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, stomach upset, diarrhea, peculiar taste, mouth ulcer, abdominal cramps, and black tongue.
• Genitourinary : Impotence, increased or decreased libido; breast enlargement in the male, breast enlargement and spontaneous milk secretion in the female, testicular swelling, elevation or depression of blood sugar levels.
• Miscellaneous : Jaundice, altered liver function, hair loss, flushing, weight gain or loss; urinary frequency, nighttime urination, perspiration.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store at 20°-25°C.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!