This medication is an anthelmintic agent, used to treat tapeworm, schitosomal and fluke infections. It works by killing sensitive worms.
Contraindicated in patients hypersensitivity and cysticercosis of the eye.
Dose varies depending on the type of infection. Dose for tapeworm infection is 5-25 mg/kg taken in the morning.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth with water and a meal.
• Do not breastfeed during or for 72 hr after treatment. It may make you drowsy.
• Do not drive a car or operate machinery on the day and next day after taking this medication.
• Caution needed for patients with history of seizures or liver, kidney, or heart disease.
• Central Nervous System:
Headache, drowsiness, dizziness, drowsiness, malaise, vertigo.
• Gastrointestinal: Bitter taste, abdominal discomfort, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, bloody diarrhea.
• Skin: Hives, rashes, itching.
• Heart: Abnormal heart rhythm, slow heart rate, AV block.
• Miscellaneous: Fever, eosinophilia, allergic reactions, muscle pain.
Avoid prolonged usage of this medication.
Store it at room temperature. Keep this medication in an airtight container and keep away from children.