This medication is a dopamine agonist, prescribed for Parkinson's disease and Restless Leg Syndrome. It may increase the action of certain chemical receptors in the brain.
Initial- The recommended dose is 0.125mg three times per day, it may be increased upto 1.5mg per day in divided doses.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of kidney problems, low blood pressure, lightheadedness, daytime sleepiness, compulsive behavior, shakiness, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness or dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery and get up slowly from bed while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Patient may develop with increased risk of skin cancer; perform regular skin examination while taking this medication.
• Most Common :
Nausea, dizziness, somnolence, insomnia, constipation, weakness and hallucinations.
• Body as a Whole : Weakness, general swelling, uneasiness, fever, accidental injury, and chest pain.
• Gastrointestinal : Loss of appetite, vomiting, difficulty in swallowing and dry mouth.
• Metabolic : Swelling in the extremities, decreased weight, joint inflammation, twitching and muscle weakness and pain.
• Central Nervous System : Drowsiness, sleeplessness, hallucinations, confusion, memory loss, sensory loss, movement disorder, restlessness, abnormal thinking, decreased sexual drive, involuntary twitching and dream abnormalities.
• Eye and ENT : Vision abnormalities and double vision.
• Genitourinary : Impotence, urinary frequency, urinary tract infection and urinary incontinence.
• Respiratory : Difficulty in breathing, pneumonia and nose inflammation.
• Skin : Skin disorders.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!