This medication is an interferon, prescribed for hepatitis C in patients who have not received interferon alpha earlier. It may also be useful in hepatitis B infection.
Autoimmune hepatitis; decompensated liver disease; hypersensitivity to the drug; in combination with ribavirin capsules, peginterferon alfa-2b is contraindicated in pregnancy.
Dose based on patients condition and how body responds.
It comes as a solution for injection, to be administered subcutaneously (under the skin), at weekly intervals.
• Do not stop using this medication without talking to your doctor.
• It may cause drowsiness, dizziness, or confusion, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Consult with your doctor about using birth control while you are taking this medication. You should not breast-feed while you are taking this medication.
• Do not use another brand of this medication or change your dose without talking with your doctor.
• Drinking extra fluids is must while you are taking this medication.
• ♦Caution needed for patients with liver impairment.
Bruising, pain, redness, swelling, itching, irritation in place where this medication injected, itching.
• Gastrointestinal: Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, diarrhea, constipation.
• Central Nervous System:Headache, dizziness, confusion.
• Miscellaneous: Heartburn, weight loss, hair or thinning, fast heart beat.
Consult with your doctor for dosage changes.
Store at 25°C. Store it in air tight container and keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!