This medication is a lipase inhibitor, prescribed for obesity in adults. It works by blocking the digestion of fats from the diet.
Contraindicated in patients with reduced gallbladder function, malabsorption, who are taking cyclosporine, underwent an organ transplant and hypersensitivity.
Adult- PO- The recommended dose is 1 capsule (60-mg) with each meal containing fat.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of gallbladder, liver, pancreas, or thyroid problems, sugar, kidney stones, received an organ transplant, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It should not be used in children.
• Follow proper diet and exercise program as directed by your physician.
• It may affect blood sugar level; monitor sugar level regularly while taking this medication.
• Gastrointestinal :
Oily spotting, loose stools, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain and loss of appetite.
• Central Nervous System : Headache and anxiety.
• Miscellaneous : Irregular periods, dark colored urine, hives, rash, itching and difficulty in breathing.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature and in an airtight container.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
LADA or Latent Autoimmune Diabetes of Adulthood is a form of type 1 autoimmune diabetes that can be ...
Sleep paralysis is a condition where one feels unable to move (paralysis) or speak either when ...
Summers days are long, hot and sweaty, and can leave you feeling de-hydrated and tired. Read on to ...View All