This medication is an aminoglycoside antibiotic, prescribed for certain types of bacterial infections. It kills the bacteria that cause infection.
Adult: lV/IM- Susceptible infections- The recommended dose is 4-6 mg/kg once daily.
It comes as a solution for injection, to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein or muscle.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of kidney problems, hearing problems, muscle disorders, Parkinson's disease, mineral imbalance, any allergy, dehydration, elderly, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Patient may develop with increased risk of kidney damage, hearing loss and nerve damage; monitor kidney and ear function while taking this medication.
• Central Nervous System:
Headache, uneasiness, visual disturbances, disorientation and tingling.
• Heart: Fast heart rate, low blood pressure and palpitations.
• Blood: Anemia and decreased white blood cells and platelet counts.
• Miscellaneous: Rash, chills, fever, fluid retention, vomiting, diarrhea, increased blood sugar and increase in liver enzymes.
Avoid excess dosage.
Injection: Store it in refrigerator (2-30°C). Do not freeze.