This medication is a partially synthetic compound, prescribed for prevention or reduction of intensity and frequency of vascular headaches. It may work by narrowing blood vessels in the head.
Contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity.
PO- Usual adult dose 4-8 mg daily.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth with food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of autoimmune disease, hardening/inflammation of the arteries, blood clots, Raynaud's disease, stroke, uncontrolled high blood pressure, heart disease, scarring caused by a drug, severe infection, liver disease, lung disease, kidney disease, migraine, nutrient deficiency, urinary blockage, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness or drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Most Common :
Fibrotic complications and heart diseases.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, heartburn and abdominal pain.
• Central Nervous System : Seizures, sleeplessness, drowsiness, mild euphoria, dizziness, incoordination, lightheadedness, tingling.
• Skin : Facial flush, hair loss.
• Metabolic : Swelling in the extremities, weight gain, decrease in white blood cells and eosinophilia.
• Miscellaneous : Weakness, joint pain, muscle pain, and mydriasis.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature and away from sunlight and moisture.
Can you supply 1mg methysergide tablets to an english cluster headaches sufferer? Can you give me a price for the tablets and shipping costs. Do you require a prescription. Thanks Ken Childs