This medication is an antimuscarinic agent, prescribed for the treatment of peptic ulcer combined with other medication. It decreases acid secretion in the stomach and control intestinal spasms.
Contraindicated in patients with conditions of increased eye pressure, urinary obstruction, gastrointestinal obstruction, paralytic ileus (paralysis of intestine), myasthenia gravis, heart disease due to gastrointestinal bleeding, ulcer and allergy.
Oral: Adult- The recommended dose is 1 or 2 tablets (25 or 50 mg) 4 times a day with meals.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver disease, kidney disease, heart/blood vessel disease, high blood pressure, overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism), esophagus problem, nerve disorders, diarrhea, breathing problems, ulcerative colitis (bowel disorder), elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness or drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Gastrointestinal :
Vomiting, nausea, constipation, loss of taste, bloated feeling and dry mouth.
• Central Nervous System : Mental confusion, dizziness, weakness, drowsiness, headache and nervousness.
• Eye: Increased eye pressure, eye paralysis, blurred vision and dilation of the pupil.
• Skin: Severe allergic reactions and hives.
• Heart: Fast heart rate and palpitation.
• Genitourinary: Urinary retention and urinary hesitancy.
• Miscellaneous : Decreased sweating, sleeplessness, impotence and suppression of lactation.
Avoid exposure to sunlight; otherwise it will cause heat stroke.
Store it at room temperature (25°C), and in an airtight container. Keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Encephalocele is a birth defect where a sac like protrusion of brain and covering membranes occurs ...
Bronchopulmonary dysplasia or chronic lung disease of infancy is seen in premature and low birth ...
Ear, nose and throat are important organs and disease in one area can affect the others. ENT ...View All