This medication is an angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor, prescribed for high blood pressure. It works by decreasing certain chemicals that tighten the blood vessels.
♦It should not be co-administered with aliskiren and contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity.
Adult: PO- HTN- Initial: 5-10 mg/day at bedtime. Maintenance: 20 mg once daily, up to 80 mg/day if needed.
Heart failure as adjunct: Initial: 2.5 mg/day. Maintenance: 5-40 mg/day as a single dose.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of heart, kidney disease, diabetes, lupus, skin disease, severe allergic reactions with difficulty in swallowing or breathing and painful swelling of the face, throat, tongue, lips, eyes, hands, feet, ankles, or lower legs.
• It may cause dizziness, lightheadedness or fainting, do not drive or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• It may cause serious side effect called angioedema, if it so consult with your doctor.
• Monitor blood pressure, blood sugar, blood electrolyte levels, heart, kidney or liver function regularly while taking this medication.
• Body As A Whole :
Fatigue, weakness and fainting.
• Heart : Low blood pressure.
• Gastrointestinal : Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and indigestion.
• Musculoskeletal : Muscle cramps.
• Central Nervous System : Headache, dizziness, tingling and decreased sexual activity.
• Respiratory : Cough, cold and respiratory tract infection.
♦ • Skin : Rash and psoriasis.
• Genitourinary : Impotence.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature and protect it from moisture.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Collagen plays a crucial role in glowing skin, strong nails and shiny hair. You can boost collagen ...
CRISPR technology is a simple but potent tool for editing any part of the genome (complete set of ...
FDA recently approved Mogamulizumab-kpkc, a human monoclonal antibody prescribed for adult ...View All