This combination medication contains antivirals, prescribed for HIV infection. It works by decreasing the amount of HIV in the blood.
Each film-coated tablet contains 150 mg of lamivudine, 300 mg of zidovudine.
For patients weighing greater than or equal to 30 kg the recommended oral dose is 1 tablet.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of kidney or liver impairment, bone marrow disorder, abnormal blood cell counts, nerve or muscle problems, weighing less than 66 lbs (30 kg), any allergy, who are taking other medications, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness or dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• It does not stop spread of HIV infection to others; avoid sexual contact, sharing of needles, injection supplies, or items like toothbrushes or razors during treatment period.
• Monitor complete blood cell count, liver and kidney functions regularly while taking this medication.
• Body as a Whole :
Headache, uneasiness, fatigue, fever or chills.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, loss of appetite, abdominal pain, abdominal cramps, indigestion.
• Central Nervous System : Nerve disease, sleeplessness, dizziness, and depression.
• Respiratory : Nose irritation, cough.
• Skin : Rash.
• Musculoskeletal : Muscle pain, joint pain.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store between 2° and 30°C.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!