This medication is a nitrate, prescribed for angina pectoris due to coronary artery disease. It works by relaxing the blood vessels in the body, allowing them to widen.
Adult- PO- The recommended dose regimen is 20 mg (one tablet) twice daily.
It comes as a capsule and tablet to be placed under the tongue.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of anemia, increased eye pressure, head injury, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, lightheadedness or fainting, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Heart :
Chest pain, abnormal heart rhythm, low blood pressure, palpitations, fast heart rate and fainting.
• Skin : Itching and rash.
• Gastrointestinal : Abdominal pain, diarrhea, indigestion, tooth disorder and vomiting.
• Genitourinary : Painful urination, impotence and increased urinary frequency.
• Musculoskeletal : Joint pain.
• Central Nervous System : Agitation, anxiety, confusion, incoordination, increased appetite, sleeplessness, nervousness and nightmares.
• Respiratory : Asthma and upper-respiratory tract infection.
• Miscellaneous : Weakness, blurred vision, cold sweats, double vision, uneasiness, neck stiffness and rigors.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature, away from excess heat or cold.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Trichotillomania is a hair pulling disorder where a person urges to pull out hair from their scalp, ...
Dental Anxiety is kind of dental phobia where a person has a fear of going to dentist mainly due to ...
Kleine Levin (KLS) or sleeping beauty syndrome is a rare neurological disorder that primarly ...View All