This medication is an antimalarial agent, prescribed for malaria.
Contraindicated in patients with a known hypersensitivity and QTC prolongation.
The recommended dose is 500 mg every 6 hours for 3 doses (total first course dosage 1,500 mg).
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, on an empty stomach, at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of heart problems, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• It should not be used in children.
• Avoid exposure to sunlight.
• Gastrointestinal :
Abdominal pain, loss of appetite, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting.
• Central Nervous System : Dizziness, headache.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature, between (20° and 25°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!