This medication contains diuretics, prescribed for hypertention and fluid retention.
Contraindicated in patients with kidney disease, unable to urinate, high potassium levels and hypersensitivity.
Adult: PO- HTN; Oedema: Per tab contains furosemide 40 mg and amiloride 5 mg: 1-2 tabs/day.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of diabetes, heart disease, cirrhosis or other liver disease, breathing disorder, who are taking other medications, any allergy, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Central Nervous System :
Blurred vision, dizziness, headache, fatigue.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, liver dysfunction.
• Metabolic : Increased blood sugar, dry mouth, raised blood levels of glucose, reduced levels of K and magnesium, raised CPK levels.
• Heart : Low blood pressure.
• Skin : Photosensitivity.
• Genitourinary : Impotence.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store at 25°C.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!