This medication is a synthetic glucocorticoid, prescribed for preventing asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. It reduces inflammatory reactions in the airways.
Topical: Topical preparation is used for certain types of skin conditions such as allergic reactions, eczema and psoriasis.
Contraindicated in patients with severe asthma attack and hypersensitivity.
Asthma- Adult- Dose is based on asthma severity. The recommended dose is 1 inhalation twice daily.
The maximum recommended dosage is 500/50 twice daily.
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease- The recommended dose is 1 inhalation (250/50) twice daily.
Skin Inflammation: Cream, Lotion, and Ointment- Apply as directed by your physician.
It comes as an aerosol to inhale by mouth.
It also comes as a cream, lotion and ointment to apply over the affected area.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of tuberculosis, cataract, increased eye pressure, infections, kidney or liver disease, diarrhea, who are taking other medications, any allergy, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Always keep the inhaler hand in hand.
• It may cause loss of blood electrolytes, infection, due to change from oral steroids to inhaler. If you experience with any of the above symptoms, consult with your doctor immediately.
• Patients should stay away from people who are affected by certain infections like chickenpox or measles if they have not been vaccinated.
• Do not cover the treated skin after applying this medication.
• Caution needed for pregnant and breastfeeding women.
• Wash your hands thoroughly after applying this medication.
• For external use only.
• Most Common: Headache, inflammation of pharynx, nosebleed, nose burning/irritation, nausea/vomiting and cough.
• General: Hypersensitivity reactions including skin rash, edema of the face and tongue, itching, hives, asthma, wheezing and difficulty in breathing.
• Eye and ENT: Dryness, irritation, blurred vision, increased eye pressure and cataract. Loss of sense of taste and smell, rarely, nose ulcer, sore throat, throat irritation, dryness, cough, hoarseness and voice changes.
• Topical: Mild skin itching, burning, peeling, dryness, rash and irritation.
• Miscellaneous: Sleeplessness, headache, blisters, blurred vision, muscle weakness and tiredness.
Avoid contact with eyes.
If condition worsens, consult with your doctor.
Store it in controlled room temperature (4 and 30Â°C), and in an airtight container.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!