This medication is an androgenic hormone, prescribed for male hypogonadism, delayed puberty in males and for breast cancer treatment in women. It works by stimulating normal growth and development of the male sex organs and maintaining normal secondary sex characteristics.
Contraindicated in men with breast cancer, prostate cancer, pregnant women, patients with serious liver or kidney disease and hypersensitivity.
Adult- PO- Male hypogonadism- The recommended daily dose is 5 to 20 mg.
Breast Cancer in women- The recommended total daily dose for palliative therapy is 10 to 40 mg.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of sugar, migraine headaches, heart, liver or kidney disease, high blood cholesterol, depression, enlarged prostate or prostate cancer, any blood disorder, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, and breastfeeding.
• Monitor liver function and blood cholesterol levels regularly while taking this medication.
Female: Absence of menstrual periods and other menstrual virilization of external genitalia of the female fetus.
Male: Breast enlargement, excessive frequency and duration of penile erections. Oligospermia may occur at high dosage.
• Skin : Abnormal hair growth, male pattern baldness and pimples.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea and jaundice.
• Blood : Suppression of clotting and polycythemia.
• Central Nervous system : Increased or decreased libido, headache, anxiety, depression and tingling.
• Allergic : Hypersensitivity, including skin manifestations and anaphylactoid reactions.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store the medication at controlled room temperature 20 to 25Â°C.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Tularemia is an uncommon, highly contagious bacterial infection acquired in humans by insect bites ...
Nipah Virus (NiV) or Hendra virus is a deadly virus that spreads via contact with the saliva, ...
Nose Bleeds or Epistaxis are common during summer. Here are simple tips to prevent nasal bleeding ...View All