This medication is a corticosteroid, prescribed for asthma and allergic rhinitis. It arrests the release of chemicals in the body that cause inflammation.
It is not advisable to administer in patients with infection in the mucus membrane region of the nose; hypersensitivity.
The recommended starting dose is 2 sprays (58 mcg) in each nostril 2 times a day (total dose 232 mcg/day).
It comes as a solution for inhalation.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of tuberculosis (TB), fungal or bacterial infections, liver, kidney, intestinal or heart disease, diabetes, decrease in thyroid hormone, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, mental illness, autoimmune neuromuscular disease, inflammation in joints, eye infection, epilepsy and ulcer, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Avoid contact with your eyes.
• Avoid contact with people who have infections.
• Most Common:
Nasal irritation, itching, increased cough, nausea, vomiting, sore throat, nasal congestion, sneezing, nasal burning, nosebleed and nasal dryness.
• Respiratory: Inflammation of pharynx/sinuses and increased cough.
• ENT: Abnormal sense of smell.
It should be used in regular intervals.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store at 15 to 30Â°C. Away from light.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!