This medication is a prostaglandin, prescribed for pulmonary arterial hypertension. The medication relaxes blood vessels.
Contraindicated in people with congestive heart failure, lung swelling and hypersensitivity.
IV- The initial recommended dose is 2 mg/kg/min and increased in increments of 2 mg/kg/min every 15 minutes.
It comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of bleeding problem, heart failure, liver or kidney, blood disorders, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, drowsiness, and lightheadedness, do not drive a car or operate machinery and get up slowly from bed while taking this medication.
• Most Common:
Chest pain, anxiety, dizziness, slow or fast heart rate, difficulty in breathing, abdominal pain and musculoskeletal pain.
• General: Weakness, fever, chills, flushing and flu-like symptoms.
• Heart: Paleness, bluish color of the skin, palpitations, stroke, shock, bleeding, low blood pressure and heart attack.
• Gastrointestinal: Loss of appetite, excess fluid, constipation, nausea, vomiting and flatulence.
• Metabolic: Swelling in the leg, decreased potassium level in blood and weight loss/gain.
• Musculoskeletal: Joint/bone/jaw pain.
• Central Nervous System: Confusion, convulsion, depression, sleeplessness and headache.
• Respiratory: Increased cough, nosebleed, excess fluid and inflammation of sinus.
• Skin: Itching, rash, sweating, skin ulcer and hives.
• Eye: Lazy eye and vision abnormality.
• Genitourinary: Urinary tract infection and blood in urine.
Avoid alcohol consumption.
Store reconstituted solutions in refrigerator at 2° to 8°C; avoid exposure to sunlight.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Black food is the new green owing to its health benefits from cardiovascular health to weight loss. ...
Scurvy is a condition that occurs due to the deficiency of vitamin C. It occurs only rarely, since ...
Pets can give you diseases. Surprised? You may love your pet but beware! Your pets might be ...View All