This medication is an ACE (angiotensin-converting enzyme) inhibitor, prescribed for high blood pressure either alone or with other medications. It is also used for heart failure. It decreases certain chemicals that tighten the blood vessels.
Contraindicated in patients with history of angioedema due to previous treatment with ACE inhibitors, pregnancy, newborns and hypersensitivity.
The recommended dose is 2.5 mg to 20mg per day, once or twice daily.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of heart or kidney disease, skin disorder, diabetes, cardiac muscle disease, poor blood circulation, dehydration, dialysis, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness or lightheadedness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• It may cause vomiting or diarrhea which leads to dehydration; take enough fluids to avoid this problem.
• Avoid exposure to sunlight; otherwise it may cause sunburn.
• Patient may develop with increased risk of Dual Blockade of Renin-Angiotensin System (RAS).
• Body As A Whole :
Fainting, chest pain, fatigue, abdominal pain and weakness.
• Heart : Low blood pressure, chest pain and heart attack.
• Gastrointestinal : Diarrhea, nausea and vomiting.
• Central nervous System Dizziness and headache.
• Respiratory Cough, asthma and difficulty in breathing.
• Skin Rash.
• Genitourinary Urinary tract infection.
Monitor liver function, kidney function and complete blood cell counts regularly while taking this medication.
Store it at room temperature and protect it from moisture.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!