This medication is a nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NRTI), prescribed for HIV-1 infection either alone or with other medications. It works by blocking the growth of HIV.
Adult- PO- The recommended dose is one 200 mg capsule administered once daily.
Child- PO- The recommended dose is 3 mg/kg administered once daily.
It comes as a capsule and solution to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of hepatitis B, kidney disease, lactic acidosis, liver disease, obesity, any allergy, who are taking other medications, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• It does not stop the spread of HIV to others; avoid sexual contacts, sharing of needles, or injection supplies.
• Monitor liver and kidney function regularly while taking this medication.
• Most Common :
Headache, diarrhea, nausea, fatigue, dizziness, depression, sleeplessness, abnormal dreams, rash, abdominal pain, weakness, increased cough, and nose inflammation.
• Gastrointestinal : Indigestion, nausea and vomiting.
• Musculoskeletal : Joint/muscle pain.
• Central Nervous System : Abnormal dreams, nerve disease, and tingling.
• Respiratory : Increased cough.
• Skin : Rash.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (25°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!