This medication is a cytotoxic anthracycline antibiotic, prescribed for treating various types of cancer. It works by killing cancer cells.
Contraindicated in patients with heart problem, who have previously received treatment with other anticancer medicines, decreased blood counts, bone marrow depression and hypersensitivity.
Adult- IV- The recommended dose is 60-75 mg once in 21 days or 30 mg daily for 3 days every four weeks.
It comes as solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of heart or blood vessel disease or liver problems, any allergy, who are taking other medications, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may reduce platelet counts which leads to severe bleeding; avoid bruising and bleeding.
• Avoid vaccination while taking this medication.
• Severe Effects :
Heart failure and gastrointestinal bleeding.
• Gastrointestinal : Loss of appetite, abdominal pain, dehydration, diarrhea, nausea and vomiting.
• Skin : Pigmentation, rash, itching and light sensitivity.
Avoid contact with persons with known infections.
Do not drink alcoholic beverages or take drugs containing aspirin because these can cause gastric bleeding.
Store powder at room temperature.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Polyarthritis refers to pain in four or more joints simultaneously due to various causes ranging ...
Gardner or Gardner''s syndrome, also known as familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP), is an autosomal ...
Beetroot tea is a healthy beverage, which is extremely beneficial for high blood pressure, ...View All