This medication is an antiarrhythmic, prescribed for abnormal heart rhythms. It works by making the heart more resistant to abnormal activity.
Contraindicated in patients with cardiogenic shock, third degree AV block and hypersensitivity.
Adult: PO- 300-800 mg/day in divided doses. IV- 2 mg/kg (max: 150 mg), followed by 200 mg via oral admin after completion of injection.
It comes as a capsule to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, kidney or liver disease, increased eye pressure, myasthenia gravis, urinary retention, prostate enlargement, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness or blurred vision, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid becoming overheated; otherwise heat stroke may occur.
• Most Common :
Dry mouth, urinary hesitancy, constipation, blurred vision and dry nose/eyes/ throat.
• Genitourinary : Urinary retention and urinary frequency impotence.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, abdominal pain, bloating/gas, loss of appetite, diarrhea and vomiting.
• General : Dizziness, general fatigue/muscle weakness, headache, uneasiness and aches/pains.
• Heart : Low blood pressure, heart failure, weight gain, shortness of breath, fainting and chest pain.
• Skin : Generalized rash and itching.
• Central nervous system : Nervousness.
• Miscellaneous : Decrease in potassium level in blood and elevated cholesterol/triglycerides.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature, and in an airtight container. Keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Collagen plays a crucial role in glowing skin, strong nails and shiny hair. You can boost collagen ...
CRISPR technology is a simple but potent tool for editing any part of the genome (complete set of ...
FDA recently approved Mogamulizumab-kpkc, a human monoclonal antibody prescribed for adult ...View All