This medication is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug(NSAID), prescribed for rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis and mild to moderate pain. This medication reduces the substances that cause pain and inflammation.
Contraindicated in patients who have experienced asthma, hives, allergic reactions after taking aspirin or other NSAIDs, last 3 months pregnancy and hypersensitivity.
Initial: The recommended dose is 1000 mg followed by 500 mg every 12 hours. It may be reduced if needed.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of high blood pressure, blood disorders, heart disease, kidney or liver disease, diabetes, stomach or bowel problems, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, swelling of the hands, feet, ankles or lower legs, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness or drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid aspirin while taking this medication.
• It should not be used in children with viral infections.
• Monitor kidney function, complete blood cell counts and blood pressure regularly while taking this medication.
• Gastrointestinal :
Nausea, vomiting, indigestion, gastrointestinal pain, diarrhea, constipation and flatulence.
• Psychiatric : Drowsiness and sleeplessness.
• Central Nervous System : Dizziness.
• ENT : Ringing in the ear.
• Skin : Rash.
• Miscellaneous : Headache and fatigue/tiredness.
Avoid alcoholic beverages.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (15 -30o C), and in an airtight container. Keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Birth Control Implant is a long-acting birth control contraceptive inserted into the arm. It is a ...
Mastocytosis is a rare condition marked by accumulation of mast cells under the skin and various ...
Lusutrombopag is used to treat abnormally low platelet counts (thrombocytopenia) in adult patients ...View All