This medication is an antibiotic, prescribed for serious infections. It works by killing the bacteria.
Adult- IV- The recommended dose is 4 mg/kg in 0.9% sodium chloride injection once every 24 hours for 7 to 14 days.
It comes as a powder for injection (diluted with fluid), to be administered by a healthcare provider.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of muscle, nerve problems, liver, or kidney disease, bowel problems caused by antibiotic use, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Gastrointestinal :
• Central Nervous system: Headache and dizziness.
• Skin : Rash.
• Gastrointestinal : Abnormal liver function tests.
• Genitourinary : Urinary tract infections.
• Heart : Low blood pressure.
♦ • Respiratory : Difficulty in breathing and Eosinophilic pneumonia.
• Body as a Whole : Fatigue, weakness, rigors, flushing and hypersensitivity
Avoid excess and long-term use of this medication.
Store it in refrigerator (2 to 8°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!