This medication is an anti-gout agent, prescribed for gout or gouty arthritis. This medication reduces swelling and pain. It stops the natural processes that cause swelling and other symptoms of gout or gouty arthritis.
Contraindicated in patients with severe gastrointestinal, liver, kidney and heart diseases and hypersensitivity.
Arthritis - The usual dose is 1 to 1.2 mg (two 0.5 mg granules or two 0.6 mg tablets). It may be increased if needed.
It comes as a tablet, with food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of blood disorder, stomach or bowel problems, heart, liver or kidney problems, underwent dialysis, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children less than 4 years, during pregnancy and breast feeding.
• Avoid excess dosage.
• Avoid contact with people who have infections.
• It may reduce platelet counts; avoid injury or bruising.
• Monitor complete blood cell counts, kidney function and liver function regularly while taking this medication.
• Severe effects :
Bone marrow depression.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and stomach discomfort.
• Blood : Decreased white blood cells.
• Others : Rash, fever, sore throat and unusual bleeding or bruising.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature and in an airtight container.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Birth Control Implant is a long-acting birth control contraceptive inserted into the arm. It is a ...
Mastocytosis is a rare condition marked by accumulation of mast cells under the skin and various ...
Lusutrombopag is used to treat abnormally low platelet counts (thrombocytopenia) in adult patients ...View All