This medication is an anti-gout agent, prescribed for gout or gouty arthritis. This medication reduces swelling and pain.
The medication is also used to treat Familial Mediterranean fever (FMF) in adults and children aged above 4 years.
FMF is a genetic condition in which, the patient experiences recurrent episodes of accompanied by pain in the abdomen, chest, or joints.
Contraindicated in patients with severe gastrointestinal, liver, kidney and heart diseases and hypersensitivity.
For preventing gouty arthritis in adults and adolescents older than 16 years of age: one or two 0.6 mg tablets.
For treating Gout Flares: 1.2 mg followed by 0.6 mg (one tablet) one hour later
For FMF: 0.3 to 1.8 mg
It comes as a tablet or capsule to be taken by mouth with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of blood disorder, stomach or bowel problems, heart, liver or kidney problems, underwent dialysis, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children less than 4 years, during pregnancy and breast feeding.
• Avoid excess dosage.
• Avoid contact with people who have infections.
• It may reduce platelet counts; avoid injury or bruising.
• Monitor complete blood cell counts, kidney function and liver function regularly while taking this medication.
• Severe effects : Bone marrow depression.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and stomach discomfort.
• Blood : Decreased white blood cells.
• Others : Rash, fever, sore throat and unusual bleeding or bruising.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature and in an airtight container.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!