This medication is an anti-platelet agent, that is, a drug that inhibits the ability of platelets to clump together as part of a blood clot. This medication is prescribed either alone or with other medications for prevention or treatment of stroke and heart attack (which are usually caused by blood clots) in persons who are at high risk.
Contraindicated to hypersensitivity, peptic ulcer or bleeding within the skull.
Oral- Prophylaxis of blood clot events- 75 mg once daily.
Acute coronary syndrome For ST-elevation myocardial infarction: with aspirin: 75 mg once daily.
For unstable angina, non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction: Initial: 300 mg loading dose, followed by 75 mg once daily (with aspirin 75-325 mg once daily).
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth. It is usually taken once a day with or without food.
• Caution needed for patients at risk of increased bleeding from trauma, surgery, or other pathological conditions; ulcer; liver and kidney impairment; history of bleeding or haemostatic disorders, pregnancy.
• Avoid injury or bruising while taking this medication.
• It may cause dizziness, avoid driving a car or operating machinery, or other unsafe tasks.
Swelling, high blood pressure, inflammation of blood vessels.
• Central Nervous System: Headache, dizziness, depression, confusion.
• Skin: Rash, itching, severe allergic reactions (severe rash, itching, swelling, severe dizziness, trouble breathing) Stevens-Johnson syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis.
• Eye and ENT: Bleeding in retina, conjunctiva.
• Gastrointestinal: Abdominal pain, diarrhea, stomach upset, nausea, inflammation of colon (including ulcerative or lymphocytic), inflammation of pancreas, mouth ulcer, taste disorders.
• Genitourinary: Urinary tract infection, kidney disease, increased creatinine levels.
• Blood: Bruising, nose bleeds, anemia, bleeding (including intracranial, GI, and retroperitoneal hemorrhage), and decrease in platelets.
• Liver: Abnormality in liver enzymes, inflammation of liver.
• Metabolic: Increase in cholesterol.
• Musculoskeletal: Muscle pain, back pain, muscle weakness.
• Respiratory: Upper respiratory tract infection, difficulty in breathing, inflammation of bronchus, stuffy nose, coughing.
• Miscellaneous: Accidental injury, chest pain, influenza-like symptoms, fatigue, fainting, hypersensitivity reactions, serum sickness, bleeding of wounds.
Do not change the dose or stop taking unless advised by health care provider.
Store at 25 °C. Store it in an airtight container and keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!