This medication is an antihistamine and anticholinergic agent, prescribed for allergic rhinitis. It is also used for uricaria and angioedema. This medication inhibits the effect of histamines in the body.
Contraindicated in patients with increased eye pressure, breastfeeding women, newborns and hypersensitivity.
Adult: PO- Allergic conditions- 1 mg twice daily, up to 6 g/day.
IV- Prophylaxis of acute allergic conditions- 2 mg/day.
IV/IM- Acute allergic reactions- 4 mg/day.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of asthma or other respiratory problems, increased eye pressure, ulcer, difficulty in urinating, blockage of the stomach, intestine, or urinary tract, heart disease, high blood pressure, seizures, overactive thyroid, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness or dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Central Nervous System :
Drowsiness, CNS depression, dizziness and sedation.
• Gastrointestinal : Diarrhea, constipation, nausea and vomiting.
• Heart : Low blood pressure, headache, palpitations and fast heart rate.
• Genitourinary : Urinary frequency, difficult urination, urinary retention and early menses.
• Miscellaneous : Blurred vision, thickened respiratory secretions and ringing in the ear.
Avoid maximum sun exposure.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature, away from direct sunlight. Keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!