This medication is a synthetic estrogen, prescribed for treating the symptoms of menopause, deficiency in ovary function and prostate cancer.
Contraindicated in patients with history of breast cancer, blood clotting disorder; known hypersensitivity.
Dosage is based on patient’s condition.
It comes as a capsule to take by mouth, with food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of gallbladder disease, diabetes, headache, epilepsy, heart, liver and kidney disease, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Avoid exposure to sunlight.
• Monitor blood sugar level regularly.
• Most Common:
Blood clot, severe allergic reactions, changes in menstrual cycle and lump in breast region.
• Gastrointestinal: Loss of appetite, nausea and vomiting.
• Skin: Pimples and discoloration of skin.
• Central Nervous System: Headache, dizziness and depression.
It may cause liver damage, monitor liver function regularly while taking this medication.
Store it at room temperature (25 °C), and in an airtight container. Keep away from children and pets.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!