This combination medication contains benzodiazepine and anticholinergic agents (antispasmodics), prescribed for ulcer and irritable bowel syndrome. It helps to relieve stomach spasms and abdominal cramps.
Contraindicated in patients with myasthenia gravis, increased eye pressure, urinary obstruction, intestinal obstruction, heart disease, acute bleeding, respiratory problem and hypersensitivity.
Adult: PO- Per cap contains chlordiazepoxide 5 mg and clidinium 2.5 mg: 1-2 cap 3-4 times/day.
It comes as a tablet and capsule to take by mouth on an empty stomach.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of heart disease, congestive heart failure, hernia, lung or breathing problems [COPD], nerve and muscle problems, prostate problems, high blood pressure, thyroid, kidney, heart, or liver disease, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breast feeding.
• It may cause drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Monitor liver function and complete blood cell counts regularly while taking this medication.
• Most Common :
Mouth dryness, blurring, hesitancy and urgency in urination, constipation, fever, heat stroke, fast heart rate and dilatation of pupils.
• Central Nervous System : Headache, nervousness, drowsiness and weakness.
• Miscellaneous : Nausea, aggression and mild skin rashes.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature and away from light. Keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Sleep disorders are collectively known as ''Somnipathy.'' There are over 70 different medically ...
Unintended pregnancies are very common these days, and so one in about four pregnant women go for ...
Dizziness is a feeling of being faint or unsteady whereas Vertigo is a feeling that you or your ...View All