This medication is a sedative/hypnotic, prescribed for anxiety disorders and withdrawal symptoms due to alcoholism. It inhibits the action of nerves that are very active in certain diseases.
Contraindicated in patients with severe liver disease, psychosis, increased eye pressure, who are taking sodium oxybate and hypersensitivity.
PO- The recommended dose is 20 to 100mg.
It comes as a capsule and tablet to take by mouth with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with increased eye pressure, seizures, lung, heart or liver disease, suicidal thoughts, depression, respiratory problems, any allergy, who are taking other medications, children, during pregnancy and breast feeding.
• It may cause dizziness, drowsiness or blurred vision, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Avoid smoking; otherwise it may decrease the drug effectiveness.
• Most Common :
Drowsiness, dizziness, tiredness, weakness, dry mouth, diarrhea, stomach upset and changes in appetite.
• Central Nervous System : Unsteadiness.
• Liver : Jaundice and liver dysfunction.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature and away from light. Keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Kleine Levin (KLS) or sleeping beauty syndrome is a rare neurological disorder that primarly ...
LADA or Latent Autoimmune Diabetes of Adulthood is a form of type 1 autoimmune diabetes that can be ...
Sleep paralysis is a condition where one feels unable to move (paralysis) or speak either when ...View All