This medication is a cephalosporin antibiotic, prescribed for bacterial infections (Eg- skin and skin structure infections, pneumonia). It works by fighting against the bacteria in the body.
IV- Adult- The recommended dose is 600 mg administered every 12 hours over 1 hour infusion.
It comes as a solution for injection, to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of stomach or bowel problems, blood clotting problems, kidney or liver impairment, poor nutrition, who are taking other medications, any allergy, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Avoid long-term use of this medication; otherwise it may cause secondary infection.
• Gastrointestinal : Diarrhea, nausea, constipation, vomiting and abdominal pain.
• Metabolic : Decreased level of potassium in blood.
• Liver : Liver inflammation.
• Central Nervous System : Dizziness and epilepsy.
• Skin : Rash.
• Heart Vein inflammation, palpitations and slow heart rate.
• Miscellaneous : Fever.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it in refrigerator (2 to 8°C).