This medication is a cephalosporin antibiotic, prescribed for certain types of bacterial infection. It works by fighting against the bacteria in the body.
PO- The recommended dose range is 200 to 800mg/day, in divided doses.
It comes as a tablet, to take by mouth, with food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of diarrhea, stomach or intestinal infection, blood clotting problem, who are taking other medications, any allergy, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Avoid long-term use of this medication; otherwise it may cause secondary infection.
• Monitor liver function, kidney function, and complete blood cell counts regularly while taking this medication.
• Most Common :
Diarrhea, nausea, vaginal infection, abdominal pain and headache.
• Body – : Fungal infections, abdominal distention, uneasiness, fatigue, weakness, fever, chest pain, back pain, chills, generalized pain, abnormal microbiological tests, pus, allergic reaction, facial swelling, bacterial infections, parasitic infections, localized edema, localized pain.
• Heart – : Heart failure, migraine, palpitations, dilatation of blood vessels, blood clot, high blood pressure and low blood pressure.
• Gastrointestinal – : Vomiting, indigestion, dry mouth, flatulence, decreased appetite, constipation, mouth infection, loss of appetite, eructation, stomach inflammation, mouth ulcers, gastrointestinal disorders, rectal disorders, tongue disorders, tooth disorders, increased thirst, oral lesions, dry throat, toothache.
• Blood – : Anemia.
• Metabolic – : Dehydration, gout, peripheral edema and increased weight.
• Musculoskeletal : Muscle pain.
• Central Nervous System – : Dizziness, sleeplessness, drowsiness, anxiety, shakiness, nervousness, cerebral infarction, change in dreams, impaired concentration, confusion, nightmares, tingling, and vertigo.
• Respiratory – : Asthma, cough, nosebleed, runny nose, wheezing, bronchitis, difficulty in breathing, lung infection, sinus inflammation.
• Skin – : Hives, rash, itching, non-application site, diaphoresis, rash, skin infection, desquamation, dry skin non-application site, hair loss, and sunburn.
• ENT – : Taste alterations, eye irritation, taste loss, ringing in the ear.
• Genitourinary : Blood in urine, urinary tract infections, irregular periods, painful urination, urinary frequency, night time urination, penile infection, protein in urine, vaginal pain.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at controlled room temperature (20° to 25°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!