This medication is a cephalosporin antibiotic, prescribed for susceptible infections. It works by fighting against the bacteria in the body.
Hypersensitivity and bruising.
Adult: IV- The recommended dose is 1-2 g 12 hourly.
It comes as a solution for injection, to be administered by a healthcare provider.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of allergy to penicillin or to cephalosporin, kidney impairment, during pregnancy and lactation.
Rash, itching and hives.
• Gastrointestinal: Nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and diarrhea.
• Liver: Increased level of liver enzymes.
• Genitourinary: Kidney inflammation/impairment.
• Blood: Decrease in blood counts.
• Local: Pain and swelling.
• Miscellaneous: Fever and epilepsy.
Monitor kidney function, blood counts regularly while taking this medication.
Injection: Store below 25°C.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!