This medication is an angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor (ACE inhibitor), prescribed for high blood pressure (hypertension), congestive heart failure, myocardial infarction and kidney problems caused by diabetes. It decreases certain chemicals actions that tighten the blood vessels.
♦Contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity.
The recommended dose is 25-150 mg two or three times daily. The maximum dose is 450 mg daily.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, on an empty stomach, 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of swelling of the lips, eyes or tongue, poor blood circulation, diabetes, heart disease, autoimmune disease, any allergy, who are taking other medications, children, during pregnancy and breast feeding.
• It may cause dizziness or lightheadedness, do not drive a car or operate machinery and get up slowly from bed while taking this medication.
• Monitor blood pressure, blood potassium or other electrolyte levels and urine tests regularly while taking this medication.
• Heart :
Fast heart rate, chest pain, heart attack, congestive heart failure, stroke, low blood pressure and fainting.
• Body as a whole : Allergic reactions.
• General : Weakness and breast enlargement in males, taste disturbances.
• Skin : Rash, itching, redness, skin disorders and scaling.
• Gastrointestinal : Inflammation of pancreas/tongue and difficulty in swallowing.
• Blood : Anemia.
• Liver : Jaundice and liver inflammation.
• Metabolic : Electrolyte disturbances.
• Musculoskeletal : Muscle pain and weakness.
• Central Nervous System : In coordination, confusion, depression, nervousness and drowsiness.
• Respiratory : Asthma, nose inflammation and lung disorder.
• Eye : Blurred vision.
• Genitourinary : Impotence.
It may not work as well in black patients.
Store it at room temperature 15 o to 30° C.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!