This medication is an antirheumatic agent, prescribed for rheumatoid arthritis. This medication reduces the effects of inflammatory process in the body.
Contraindicated in patients with blood disorder, inflammatory bowel disease, skin lesions and hypersensitivity.
The usual adult dosage is 3 mg twice daily.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of heart, kidney or liver disease, sugar, bleeding problems, inflammatory bowel disease, rash, eczema, systemic lupus erythematosus, bone marrow depression, any allergy, who are taking other medications, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Avoid exposure to sunlight.
• Take full course of treatment as directed by your physician.
• Gastrointestinal :
Diarrhea, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting and constipation.
• Skin : Rash, itching and hair loss.
• Eye : Eye infections.
• Blood : Anemia and decreased white blood cells and platelets.
• Liver : Elevated liver enzyme levels.
Avoid alcohol consumption.
Store it at room temperature, and in an airtight container. Keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!