This medication is a tropane alkaloid, prescribed for dilatation of pupil. It is used to relieve pain caused by swelling and inflammation of the eye.
Ophthalmic- Inflammatory eye disorders- As 0.5-1% solution: 1-2 drops 4 times/day.
It comes as eye drops to instill over the affected eye as directed by your physician.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of increased eye pressure, any allergy, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Wash your hands thoroughly after applying this eye drops.
• It may cause drowsiness or blurred vision, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Avoid exposure to sunlight or over heat and wear sunglasses while going out; otherwise it may lead to heatstroke.
Eye irritation, redness, swelling of the eyelids, sensitivity to bright light and blurred vision.
• Miscellaneous: Fever, irritability, fast pulse, irregular heartbeat, mental confusion, difficulty in urinating, dry mouth and red or dry skin.
In may lead to electrolyte imbalance, take proper fluids and diet.
Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Trichotillomania (TTM) is a hair pulling disorder where a person urges to pull out hair from their ...
Dental Anxiety is kind of dental phobia where a person has a fear of going to dentist mainly due to ...
Kleine Levin (KLS) or sleeping beauty syndrome is a rare neurological disorder that primarly ...View All