This medication is a long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilator, prescribed for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Contraindicated in patients with asthma, and hypersensitivity.
Inhalation- The recommended dose is one 15-mcg unit-dose vial administered twice daily (morning and evening).
It comes as a nebulizer for oral inhalation.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of history of other breathing problems (eg, asthma), diabetes, heart or liver disease, high blood pressure, low blood potassium levels, seizures, overactive thyroid, irregular heartbeat, overexcitement, who are taking or have taken monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) within the last 14 days, any allergy, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Monitor blood sugar, lung function and blood potassium levels regularly while taking this medication.
• Body as a Whole :
Abscess, allergic reaction, digitalis intoxication, fever, hernia, injection site pain, neck rigidity, neoplasm, pelvic pain and retroperitoneal hemorrhage.
• Heart : Blood clots in veins, abnormal heart rhythm, congestive heart failure, heart block, heart attack, prolonged QT interval and fast heart rate.
• Gastrointestinal : Constipation, stomach inflammation, blood in stool, mouth infection, periodontal abscess and rectal bleeding.
• Metabolic : Dehydration, fluid renetention, decreased glucose tolerance levels, gout, increase or decrease in blood glucose.
• Musculoskeletal : Joint pain/inflammation, bone disorder, rheumatoid arthritis.
• Central Nervous System : Agitation, stroke, decreased body movement, paralysis, drowsiness and tremor.
• Respiratory : Lung cancer, respiratory disorder and voice alteration.
• Skin : Dry skin, herpes simplex, herpes zoster, skin discoloration and skin hypertrophy.
• Eye : Abnormal vision and glaucoma.
• Genitourinary : Breast cancer, calcium crystalluria (presence of calcium phosphate crystals in urine sediment), blood in urine, kidney stone, night time urination, increase PSA levels, pus in urine, urinary tract disorder and urine abnormality.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store the medication as directed by your physician.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!