This medication is a non-selective dopamine agonist, prescribed for acute, intermittent treatment of hypomobility and loss of control of body movements such as muscle stiffness, slow movements, or trouble moving associated with advanced Parkinson's disease. In some cases this medication is used in the treatment of erectile dysfunction. The medication activates the dopamine receptors in the brain.
Hypersensitivity and contraindicated when , co-administration with 5HT3 antagonist class (ondansetron, granisetron, dolasetron, palonosetron, and alosetron).
SC: The recommended initial dose is 0.2ml(2mg), 3times/day.
Test dose is recommended.
It comes as a solution for injection, to be administered by a healthcare provider subcutaneously.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of allergy, who are taking other medications, asthma, eye disease, fainting spells, irregular heartbeat, low blood pressure, mental illness, sleep disorder, stroke or mini-stroke, or other brain problems, sudden uncontrolled movements and falls, or heart, kidney, liver or lung disease, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause involuntary movement or worsening of the condition.
• It may cause dizziness or drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication and get up slowly from bed.
• Should not drink alcohol while you are using apomorphine.
• Most Common:
Yawning, involuntary movements, nausea, vomiting, bruising, redness at the injection site region, drowsiness, dizziness, runny nose, hallucinations, swelling, chest pain, increased sweating, flushing and pallor.
• Body as Whole: Weakness and dehydration.
• Central Nervous System: Sleeplessness, headache, depression, anxiety, worsening of Parkinson's disease, confusion and fatigue.
• Musculoskeletal: Muscle/Joint pain, limb pain and back pain, pain spreading to the arm or shoulder.
• Gastrointestinal: Constipation and diarrhea.
• Heart: Congestive heart failure, fast or pounding heart beat, slow heart rate, heavy feeling.
• Respiratory: Difficulty in breathing, cough.
• Genitourinary: Urinary tract infection, penis erection that is painful or lasts 4 hours or longer.
Avoid alcohol consumption while taking this medication.
Store it at room temperature (25°C), and in an airtight container. Keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!