This combination medication contains calcium channel blocker, angiotensin II receptor blocker, and thiazide diuretic, prescribed for high blood pressure.
Contraindicated in patients with anuria or hypersensitivity
PO- The recommended dose is one tablet (5mg/160m/12.5mg) once daily. The maximum recommended dose is 10/320/25 mg. If taken too close to bedtime, the patient may need to wake up to urinate. Therefore, it is best to take this medication at least 4 hours before bedtime.
Available doses are 5/160/12.5 mg, 10/160/12.5 mg, 5/160/25 mg, 10/160/25 mg and 10/320/25 mg amlodipine besylate/valsartan/hydrochlorothiazide.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of angioedema, heart, gallbladder, liver, or kidney disease, asthma, gout, lupus, parathyroid gland problems, low blood pressure, blood vessel problems, high blood cholesterol, stroke, heart attack, recent kidney transplant, diabetes, dehydration, who are on low-salt diet, have high or blood electrolyte levels any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness, dizziness, or blurred vision, do not drive a car or operate machinery and sit up or stand slowly while taking this medication.
• It may cause severe vision problems; if it is so consult with your healthcare provider immediately.
• Avoid exposure to sunlight.
• It may affect blood sugar level; monitor sugar level regularly.
• Monitor blood pressure, kidney function, and blood electrolyte levels.
• ♦Patient may develop with increased risk of chest pain or heart attack; if it is so consult with your healthcare provider.
• Heart - Low blood pressure, chest pain or heavy feeling, pain spreading to the arm or shoulder, slow, fast, or pounding heartbeats.
• Central Nervous System - Headache, dizziness, feeling like you might pass out.
• Ear, Nose and Throat - Stuffy nose, inflammation of face and nasopharynx, difficulty in breathing, decrease in vision, eye pain.
• Gastrointestinal - Severe abdominal pain, indigestion, nausea, gastritis, dry mouth.
• Miscellaneous - Fluid retention, fatigue, muscle spasms, back pain, hives, urination problems.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at controlled room temperature (15°C- 30°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!