This combination medication contains a calcium channel blocker and an angiotensin II receptor antagonist, prescribed for high blood pressure (hypertension).
Contraindicated to pregnant women and patients with known hypersensitivity.
PO- The recommended dose is one tablet once daily (5/160 mg to 10/320 mg).
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of kidney or liver disease, congestive heart failure, chest pain, heart attack, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery and get up slowly from bed while taking this medication.
• Do not use potassium supplements or salt substitutes while on amlodipine and valsartan, unless your doctor has advised.
• Most Common :
Fluid retention and vertigo.
• Blood : Disease of the lymph nodes.
• Heart : Palpitations, fast heart rate and chest pain.
• Eye and ENT: Ear pain.
• Gastrointestinal : Diarrhea, nausea, constipation, difficulty in swallowing, abdominal pain, stomach inflammation, vomiting, abdominal discomfort, abdominal distention, dry mouth, intestinal inflammation.
• General : Fatigue, sweating, rapid weight gain, weakness, feeling like you might pass out, fever.
• Immune System : Seasonal allergies.
• Metabolic : Gout, non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus, decreased level of potassium in blood and increased blood cholesterol.
• Musculoskeletal : Joint pain, back pain, muscle spasms, pain in extremity, myalgia, joint swelling, breakdown of skeletal muscle tissue.
• Central Nervous System : Headache, nerve pain, tingling, drowsiness, carpal tunnel syndrome, sleeplessness, anxiety, depression, dizziness and spinning sensation.
♦ • Genitourinary : Blood in urine, kidney impairment, kidney stone, and erectile dysfunction.
• Respiratory : Cough, throat pain, difficulty in breathing, nosebleed, nose block.
• Skin : Itching, rash, excessive sweating, inflammation and redness.
• Vascular Disorders : Flushing, hot flush.
Avoid excess dosage
Store the medication as directed by your physician.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!